Taddington, Priestcliffe and Blackwell Well Dressing 2015
The Theme this year is “Our World – Let us Live in Harmony”.
Flags – to support the theme we’d like to decorate the village with flags from all over the world and hope you will get involved. We are selling flags for £3 each and you can buy one or more to decorate your house, garage or hedge. Flags are available from Ruth (85004) and will also be on sale at the Community Café on 8th August. The flags displayed may become part of a quiz for visitors to the village during Wells week so it is important that they can be seen from the road. Be quick though as they are already selling like hot cakes!
Scarecrows – we’re hoping you will build a scarecrow, dressed to represent the country of your choice, and display it outside your house.
Wells Week – from Saturday 22nd August Home made Refreshments, a variety of stalls and a raffle will be available in the Churchyard throughout the week. More detailed information and timings will be available closer to the date, so look out for the posters and flyers or call Janet on 85396.
Claying the boards – on Sunday 16th in the churchyard from 2pm so please come along to help prepare the boards for petalling. It’s fun, but wet and messy, so wear old clothes and shoes!
Petalling begins on Monday 17th August. Ruth is looking after the Taddington main well, Sue Bamping the Children’s well (both in the Institute) and Felicity the Blackwell well (Barn next to Beechcroft farm camp site in Blackwell). Help is always welcome. Call Ruth 85004, Sue on 85118, or Felicity 85069
Would you like to help?
Tents – will be erected from 6 pm on August 14th and dismantled on 31st August. If you would like to help on either date please come along to the churchyard.
Set-up – If you would like to help with the setting up of the event (we are starting in earnest on Thursday 20th August) please let Olwen know: we are proposing to work for around 3 – 4 hours each day from late morning through early afternoon.
If you would like to donate items we need:
- Tombola prizes – a wide range of small items for the first weekend and chocolates of all sorts for Saturday 22nd August. Contact Lesley on 85017
- Bottle Stall – bottles of all sorts (shampoo to champagne) are needed. Contact Jessica on 85417.
- Children’s Fun weekend – this year the Children’s “Fun Day” will take place from 12pm-4pm on Sunday as well as on Saturday so prizes for this event – large and small – are needed. Also lots of old crockery and pots needed for the Plate Smashing. Can be collected. Call Alison and Brian on 85381
- Cakes, scones and biscuits – are welcome shortly before the event or during Wells week, delivered to the kitchen. Call Deb on 85101 for more details
- White Elephant – unwanted items in good condition are required, delivered to the tent from Friday 21st. Contact Madeleine on 07920425743 for more information.
If you want to help with any of our activities please let us know:
- Children’s Fun event – helping with set-up or working on the stalls – call Alison and Brian on 85381.
- Refreshments are available daily from 11:00-17:00 and we need plenty of help serving in the tent and working in the kitchen (no experience necessary), so if you would like to get involved call Deb on 85101
- The BBQ is running on Saturday and Sunday so if you would like to help call Keith on 07802724100
- The 10p trail needs help every day from 11.00 – 17.00. Call Bev on 85101
- White Elephant tent – if you’d like to help in the tent please call Madeleine on 07920425743
- Craft Stalls – this year we will have several pitches available on 22nd and 23rd, for craft and local produce stalls; £5 per pitch. Bring your own table. Call Madeleine on 07920425743 for details.
- Car Parking – help is required on 22nd/23rd. Please contact Vernon on 85004 if you can help.
- Variety Night is Friday 28 If you would like to get involved please call Rachel on 85581
- Village Party – on Saturday 29th, please call Sue Carter on 85467
If you are not sure how to help – please call Olwen and James (85534) or Janet (85396) who will point you in the right direction regarding activities, donations or other help.